Senior Technical Coordinator
The American Red Cross seeks a senior analyst with IT project management experience to support international systems to collect, organize, analyze and visualize program data. Core responsibilities include strengthening and streamlining existing systems, while gathering systems requirements and overseeing the development and implementation of a more robust project management system. This position reports to the Information and Reporting Manager, while working closely with IT and program technical advisors to coordinate department-wide data management and IT initiatives.
· Support the data management needs of international programs, working to align and ensure interoperability between various project management and geographic information systems.
· Oversee and support internal processes to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate program data. Identify information gaps and proactively recommend solutions.
· Regularly interact with program staff at headquarters and in the field to understand evolving requirements and business processes, and provide customized training to increase data management proficiency
· Support migration to a new project management system, including reviewing software options, supporting the selection and customization process, testing and troubleshooting the selected system, providing staff training, and recommending future improvements.
· Support the production of reports that analyze program trends and translate information into visual displays, including graphs, charts and maps.
· Identify opportunities to improve existing systems and adapt new technologies to improve the implementation of international programs, in collaboration with international and domestic program staff, as well as subject matter experts in monitoring and evaluation, GIS and IT.
· Keep abreast of best practices in humanitarian information management, both in and outside of the Red Cross community, and ensure international programs are able to successfully harness secondary data to improve program planning, monitoring and evaluation.
· Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
· BA/BS with a minimum of five years professional experience in software development and/or IT project management or related fields, with a focus on supporting work in developing countries.
· Experience designing, building and modifying databases in both single-user (e.g. Excel, Access) and multi-user (e.g. SQL) environments.
· Experience in leading and/or coordinating multi-disciplinary team and reconciling the needs of distinct user groups.
· Experience supporting the collection, organization and analysis of data required.
· Knowledge of information architecture, including how databases connect to web-based applications and geographic information systems, such as ArcGIS, strongly desired.
· Basic familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools and principles, including experience with logical frameworks, helpful.
· Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills highly desired.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify gaps and take the initiative to address them.
· Ability to multi-task in a high pressure team environment, including experience responding effectively to the needs of diverse clients, with proven interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
· Flexibility required to meet unpredictable business needs, including occasionally working long hours and on weekends.
· Experience living and working in a diverse or international environment preferred, and experience supporting international disaster responses is ideal.
· Working knowledge of French or Spanish helpful.
· Familiarity with the American Red Cross and/or the global Red Cross network is helpful.
· 0-25% Travel required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply online at:
PLEASE USE REQUSTION: NHQ15895