Access to these sites is provided to you, the User, subject to the following terms and conditions which may be updated by us from time to time. Also, use of certain areas of the sites is subject to additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to such areas, and those guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these terms and conditions.
1. The Development Gateway maintains the Development Gateway web site (“Development Gateway Portal”) at http://www.developmentgateway.org and the Zunia.org at http://zunia.org as a courtesy to those who may choose to access these sites ("Users"). The Development Gateway Portal features information about the Development Gateway. The Zunia.org provides information and services for the development community.
2. REGISTRATION: You can browse the Development Gateway Portal and the Zunia.org without registering. However, you may choose to register on the Zunia.org to take advantage of additional services, such as access to email alerts, newsletters or contributing content to the Zunia.org. If you register on the Zunia.org, you agree to provide current, complete and accurate registration information and to maintain such information accurate, current and complete. The Development Gateway reserves the right to suspend or terminate any accounts and any and all current use of service, in the event that you provide any information that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Development Gateway has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
3. USER CONDUCT: The Zunia.org may contain bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, or other message, third party content or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"). User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
We reserve the right to terminate service to you, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, if we believe that your conduct fails to conform with this Agreement, to investigate and to involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and to pursue a civil lawsuit or criminal prosecution for any alleged or actual illegal activities involving the Zunia.org or any of its services.
4. USE OF SITE CONTENT: The Development Gateway Portal and the Zunia.org contain information, text, graphics, software, and other content (the "Site Content"). The Site Content is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and of other countries. Unless indicated otherwise on the Site Content, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com for permission for any reproduction, modification, or distribution of such Site Content. Some Site Content has been submitted by the Development Gateway's partners, Users, and by third parties, and may be subject to more specific restrictions, as indicated on such Site Content.
5. CONTRIBUTED CONTENT. We do not claim ownership of content you submit or make available (“Contributed Content”) for inclusion in the Zunia.org, its services and Forums. However, with respect to original Contributed Content for inclusion in the Zunia.org, its services and Forums, you grant the Development Gateway a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, distribute, reproduce, make derivative works, edit, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Contributed Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Contributed Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. If you contribute content that does not constitute your original work of authorship as defined under US Copyright Law, but a third party holds the copyright and other proprietary rights to such content, you represent and warrant to the Development Gateway that you do not infringe on any third party’s copyright or other proprietary rights and that you have secured all necessary permissions and licenses prior to contributing such content to the Zunia.org, its services and Forums.
6. PUBLIC FORUMS. User acknowledges that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by the Development Gateway and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by the Development Gateway. The Development Gateway reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any Contributed Content from the Forums.
7. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on the Zunia.org or the Development Gateway Portal, including the portals’ services or Forums, without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please proceed as outlined in our Copyright Notice.
8. TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS: “Development Gateway, the Development Gateway logo, “dgMarket” and “Country Gateway” are registered trademarks of the Development Gateway. The Development Gateway encourages cross linking with other organizations’ sites. However, the Development Gateway’s trademarks should not be associated to any event, product or link to either the Development Gateway Portal or the Zunia.org without the prior consent of the Development Gateway. Requests for permission to use the Development Gateway’s trademarks should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rigorous respect of the Development Gateway branding identity (in particular use of color and font) is required in the use of the logo. Only the most recent version of the Development Gateway logo should be used at all times.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: While the Development Gateway endeavors to provide current and accurate information, SITE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY DOES NOT WARRANT THE AVAILABILITY OF THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY PORTAL OR THE ZUNIA.ORG NOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR CURRENCY OF THE SITE CONTENT OR ANY MATERIAL PROVIDED THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY PORTAL, THE ZUNIA.ORG, ITS SERVICES OR FORUMS, AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY PORTAL AND THE ZUNIA.ORG OPERATE ERROR-FREE, NOR THAT DEFECTS, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY PORTAL AND THE ZUNIA.ORG ARE COMPLETELY SECURE. THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED, EXPRESS OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, LATENT DEFECTS, UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
10. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL INCIDENTAL, MORAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, OPPORTUNITIES OR INFORMATION OR FOR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY PORTAL, THE ZUNIA.ORG, ITS SERVICES, FORUMS OR THE SITE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES.
11. DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENTS: The Development Gateway Portal and the Zunia.org contain links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Development Gateway, and the Development Gateway is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The appearance on the Development Gateway Portal or the Zunia.org of the name or logo of another entity, or the appearance of a link to another entity's site, does not indicate endorsement or referral by the Development Gateway of the other entity or its products and services, and the Development Gateway expressly disclaims any such endorsement or referral.
12. GOVERNING LAW; CHOICE OF JURISDICTION. This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America. User agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the District of Columbia.